Can I work while studying in France?
I am planning to do MHM (PG in Hotel Management) from France. Is there opportunity to work, while studying there?

Indian students can work up to 20 hours a week on or off campus, as part time, and also earn extra income through internships.

Depending on your nationality you’ll have to check to see if you can legally work in France as a foreign student. That’s your first step! Some countries require visas, even for part time work, and some won’t allow you to at all. Some will allow you if you aren’t a study abroad student. For example, I couldn’t work as an international student (I’m American) on study abroad in Ireland.

Now that you’ve looked at the legal side of things, here are 5 part time jobs that you can do!

Become an au pair! Many parents want their children to practice foreign languages at home, and the fact that you speak both English and Spanish will really help. Honestly, I think this is your best bet at finding a part time job (if you like kids, that is).
Work at a hostel. This is a great way to meet people and you’ll be really valuable being able to speak 3 languages.
If your French is good enough, you could look into working at a local cafe or bar.
Tour guide! Speaking English and French and Spanish is a huge plus in the tourism industry.
Give English or Spanish lessons privately. You can advertise your skills on leboncoin. This is your second-best option, in my opinion! Especially in a large city like Paris.

Depending on your nationality you’ll have to check to see if you can legally work in France as a foreign student. That’s your first step! Some countries require visas, even for part time work, and some won’t allow you to at all. Some will allow you if you aren’t a study abroad student. For example, I couldn’t work as an international student (I’m American) on study abroad in Ireland.
Now that you’ve looked at the legal side of things, here are 5 part time jobs that you can do!
  1. Become an au pair! Many parents want their children to practice foreign languages at home, and the fact that you speak both English and Spanish will really help. Honestly, I think this is your best bet at finding a part time job (if you like kids, that is).

2. Work at a hostel. This is a great way to meet people and you’ll be really valuable being able to speak 3 languages.

3. If your French is good enough, you could look into working at a local cafe or bar.

4. Tour guide! Speaking English and French and Spanish is a huge plus in the tourism industry.

5. Give English or Spanish lessons privately. You can advertise your skills on leboncoin. This is your second-best option, in my opinion! Especially in a large city like Paris.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have a question on studying abroad ? jhanish00 15 13,087 11-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sampada Sharma
  Visa extension after studying at France to look for jobs Sam CC 1 3,742 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Last Post: nbm
  Time that can be worked in Canada with work permit while studying laji 1 3,921 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post: nbm
  studying in UK.. work time restricted ? meena aggarwal 2 4,095 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Mohd Omer