CAT
Question 
I'm a +2 student. I want to become a CA after my B.com. But im studying computerised commerce nd what is the importance of maths in CA?

(08-27-2013, 08:17 PM)Anju Narayanan Wrote: I'm a +2 student. I want to become a CA after my B.com. But im studying computerised commerce nd what is the importance of maths in CA?

First you will have Maths in CPT, the topics are very much broadened, it will be 50 marks for Maths. So in this base itself ICAI, is giving you a warning. But don't worry, cause once it's done here, there will be no topics like Integration.
After completing CPT, In IPCC you'll be required to have good grip on Basic mathematics, the more faster you are in calculations the better it is. You will not have specifically a subject named maths but all the Practical papers like
  1. Accounts,

2. Tax,

3. Costing and Fm, will require your mathematical skills.
Same is the Case in CA Final, Subjects like
  1. Direct Tax

2. Indirect Tax

3. Accounting
And other subjects will require strong math base, CA Exams are all about how you Time your papers well, No doubt that you will have calculator for use but the time still does not favour. It's better to be Strong from the base.
Follow my account for more answers.

(02-12-2018, 12:31 PM)Sampada Sharma Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 08:17 PM)Anju Narayanan Wrote: I'm a +2 student. I want to become a CA after my B.com. But im studying computerised commerce nd what is the importance of maths in CA?

First you will have Maths in CPT, the topics are very much broadened, it will be 50 marks for Maths. So in this base itself ICAI, is giving you a warning. But don't worry, cause once it's done here, there will be no topics like Integration.
After completing CPT, In IPCC you'll be required to have good grip on Basic mathematics, the more faster you are in calculations the better it is. You will not have specifically a subject named maths but all the Practical papers like
  1. Accounts,

2. Tax,

3. Costing and Fm, will require your mathematical skills.
Same is the Case in CA Final, Subjects like
  1. Direct Tax

2. Indirect Tax

3. Accounting
And other subjects will require strong math base, CA Exams are all about how you Time your papers well, No doubt that you will have calculator for use but the time still does not favour. It's better to be Strong from the base.
Follow my account for more answers.

Thank you for detailed information.