How to pass IBPS Clerical Exam
reallyy usefull ..!!

Prepare for IBPS with the help of WizIQ courses which provides the video lectures DVDs covering covering Quant., DI, Verbal / Non Verbal Reasoning Sections and Short cut & Vedic Math tricks to make quick calculations.

Just make sure you stay updated about the trending and the latest news. Don;t miss to read everyday's newspapers. Mostly questions are related to politics and the latest things that happen in the country. Its not difficult. Do not be afraid. All the best.

Hi i am weak in quantitative aptitude . I alredy wrote 3 bank exams. but no hope. i am really desparate for a bank job. I already undergone some coaching also. But it wasnt that much useful.This is the only section which is difficult for me. please suggest me some ideas to improve quant.

(08-30-2013, 12:05 AM)muneeshwar Wrote: IBPS Clerical Grade examination is the preliminary step needed to get into a secure job in a nationalized bank. But think, the competition is tough. Nowadays Engineering and MBA candidates also preparing for this clerical examination. The main reason is the job security and the good pay that the Banks offer.

As any competitive examination, IBPS Clerical selection test also requires constant, continuous and dedicated preparation. You may not get into the creamy selected layer for the first and second time, but constant efforts will definitely get you there. Don't give up with one or two attempts.

You need to know about the examination first, Its a computer based online examination,frequent mock tests can give you a definite advantage, For free time restricted practice mock examinations for IBPS Clerical Grade examination preparation visit www.exams.educationobserver.com. About 50,000 questions in each section will give you enough confidence. Also working out previous year question papers and model question papers of clark examination is another best way to prepare. Hundreds of practice/ model question papers for IBPS clerical examination available at http://www.educationobserver.com/forum/f...php?fid=30

The IBPS Clerk exam pattern
The examination duration is 2 hours in which you need to solve 200 questions for 200 marks. The syllabus and pattern are like this
Test of Reasoning 40 Marks
English Language 40 Marks
Numerical Ability 40 Marks
General Awareness 40 Marks
Computer Knowledge 40 Marks

There is negative marks for the examination, attempt questions only if you are sure about the answers.

How to prepare various subjects for IBPS Clerk examination

Reasoning- May be a bit difficult if you are attempting for the first time. Only practice can make difference, get a good book and see how they are arriving to the solution, compare it with your logic, see the difference and practice with more questions. Try to study the shortcuts to get things done.

English: Make a good vocabulary, try to learn some new words everyday. Reading a good English daily will be beneficial. Use a dictionary to find out the meanings of new words. For grammar section mostly plus two level questions are asked. Concentrate on the basic things rather than going to the advanced level

Numerical Ability: Study Maths textbooks from class 5 to Class 10, that will be enough to face this section. Studying multiplication tables upto 20 will do wonders. Do not use calculator. Learn to calculate with your mind. Some books that teach you shortcuts for easy multiplication and division will also do good.

General Awareness will have particular importance to the Banking Industry and Finance as a whole. Try to study that part well. Computer Awareness will be an easy section for all those who are familiar with computers and Internet. Good books are available for preparation.

Remember, Each section will be having cut-off marks, so scoring in a single subject will not be enough, all subjects are equally important.

Time management is another area that you should concentrate, getting answer is not enough, you have to get it within the allowed time. Practice with old question papers within the time-limit. Everyday try to write at least one model exam strictly following the time limit. As the preparation progresses, practice with some Bank Probationary Officers question papers as well. That will make you the Clerical examination very easy.

Best of luck guys.
thanq sir

thank u for ur guidence.

p swathi

Thanks..

(08-30-2013, 12:00 AM)samadhan.ptl Wrote: I want to pass IBPS Clerical exam. Please tell me how to study for the IBPS Bank Clerk examination. The best scheme of study to win the IBPS examination. Please help me

General awareness: Regularly read newspapers and magazines. Also keep yourself abreast with the latest happenings at a national and international level. Concentrate on the updated banking policies and regulations and also on the policy changes that may have happened in the past.

Quantitative aptitude: Practice as many problems as possible. As time is limited, focus on spending only specific amount of time on each problem and trying to answer all of them correctly. As you practice, you should try to discover tricks and short-cuts that will allow you to solve problems quickly and easily in the exam.You can practice online from good sites like www.lofoya.com, www.wiziq.com and www.tcyonlin.com

Reasoning: Practice different types of question on the topics mentioned above. There are tests available online that you can refer to. The questions usually are not very difficult, so with a little practice you can score good marks.

English: Read English newspaper regularly. Go through a grammar book to brush up your grammar skills. Learn some news words every day, also note down the antonym and synonym of the words. If you can take some online English tests, that will also be beneficial.

For computer science , you need basic knowledge about computers. Usually people score good marks in this section. To prepare for this section, refer to basic computer books, keep yourself abreast with MS Office.

General tips
Try to at least spend two months on the preparation
Try to refer to as many books as possible
If required, you can opt for short coaching sessions
Try to take as many mock tests as possible

(11-21-2014, 10:57 PM)sandhyagvc Wrote: Hi i am weak in quantitative  aptitude . I alredy wrote 3 bank exams. but no hope. i am really desparate for a bank job. I already undergone some coaching also. But it wasnt that much useful.This is the only section which is difficult for me. please suggest me some ideas to improve quant.

Hello,
In IBPS bank exams, there are individual cutoff marks required. Thus it is very important to get minimum cut off marks in each section separately along with overall cutoff marks.
The Quant section however very important to score well but you get clear it with little more practice. 
Check the following tips to prepare the quantitative aptitude:
  • List out all the topics on the paper and find out in which section you are confident.
  • Start to clear basic concepts first in each section with few example and question exercise.
  • Learn all the important formulas and concepts and remember them. Find out the short tricks to solve the numerical questions. Short tricks will help to solve questions quickly and save time for the other sections.
  • Learn the tables, cubes, and squares up to 25 to solve numerical problems and do calculations faster.
  • most important is the Practice. Practice a lot of questions. practice as much as you can. Solve previous year question papers. this way you will have the breief idea about the type of questions asked in the exams and will get familiar with it. 
  • And this way you can easily solve the questions in the exam.
These are some preparation tips, which will help you to solve quantitative section and score enough to clear the minimum cut off marks in quantitative aptitude.
First, attempt the clerical exam and crack it. it will improve your confidence and you will crack the Bank PO exam also.
All the best.

Before we begin with the study plan, you must take proper note of the fact that IBPS has introduced certain changes in the pattern of the exam from this year. The recently concluded IBPS PO prelims exam is the most prominent example of the changing pattern of these exams. And so, we urge you to step-up your exam preparation right away, so that no matter how the question is presented in the exam, you should be able to understand and do it with ease!
The number of vacancies has reduced drastically this year, and thus, the level of the scrutiny process of this recruitment drive is bound to rise. So, prepare yourselves for a high level of exam and make each day count!
Let us now see how you should utilise these remaining 30 days before exam effectively.
We have divided this time period of these 50 days in 3 phases.
1. The Preparatory phase (first 10 days)
  • This period is specifically dedicated to clearing your concepts.

• Go through the study notes of the different topics, based on new as well as old exam pattern.

• Understand the basic approach to solve the questions and apply them while practising.

• Ensure that you have a proper understanding of all the topics that are asked from various sections in the exam during this week.

• Go through all the basic rules of grammar. They will certainly come in handy for various questions like Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Cloze test etc.

• Try to work on your calculation speed. You can go through various tricks of Vedic Maths to improve your calculations.
2. The Practice phase (Next 15 days)
  • This phase is the most crucial one out of all.

• A through practice of different topics will help you:
     (a) Manage your time in the exam better
     (b) Maximise your attempts in the exam, and in turn, improve your exam score. 
     © Improve your accuracy in different topics.

• This should include the practice of Topic-wise questions as well as Mock tests.

• Regular practice of Mock tests will help you understand the level of your exam preparation and progress.

• Attempting mock tests is very important since you can access your performance in a much better way. Also, analysing the topics which need more attention becomes easy.

• Try to practice the different sections in the below mentioned time frame:
English Language
At least 2 hours
Quantitative Aptitude
2-3 hours
Reasoning Ability
At least 2 hours
Mock Tests
1 hour per day (at least)
Analysis of your performance in quizzes & mock tests
30 minutes
  • Set a target of at least 65+ marks and work rigorously to achieve it.

• Any slack in the practice will be detrimental in the long run. So, make a habit of practising questions on a regular basis.
3. The Revision Phase (Last 5-7 Days)
  • Devote this time to the revision of the topics that you previously studied and their practice.

• Revise the basic formulas, grammar rules, tables, squares and cubes etc. of basic numbers daily.

• Continue practising mock tests.

• If you have been consistent with the previous 2 phases, you will get through this phase easily, and will score better in your exam.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of different students vary. So, you may vary the time you spend on each topic. However, it is essential that you practice regularly if you wish to maximise your exam score!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Pass percentage for IBPS Clerk exam uthaman.r 1 2,596 08-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: ibps.clerk
  how can i pass sbi po 2015 preetsavi 1 2,822 04-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: admin
  IBPS Clerical Cadre Notification kalpnanadar 1 5,231 01-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Last Post: rebeccafrank