Is a Medical degree from Manipal Univ recognised in Canada
Hello Friends,

I am interested in doing Medicine at Manipal University this year. Will that MBBS degree be recognized in Canada, since I might move back to my parents after my MBBS. Thanks

Cant say about Canada but of USA the rules are as follows

If a physician from a WHO-recognized Indian medical school wants to work as a physician in the United States of America, that physician must do the following:

Step 1) Register with the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) at www.usmle.org
Step 2) Take and pass both Step 1 and Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
Step 3) Apply, be accepted and complete a medical or surgical residency in the United States.

Regardless of whether your degree is a M.D. or a M.B.B.S., you'll have to complete a residency in the US.

Most foreign medical graduates with an M.B.B.S. will end up in primary care/family practice residencies. If you have a higher medical degree or DNB with a specialized focus (such as in surgery, ENT, orthopedics, etc), you will have a better chance of getting into a specialized competitive residency in the USA.

I recommend you to see the rules of Canadian medical norms for MBBS doctors of India. See what accreditation is mandatory for a MBBS doctor, who want to practice in Canada. Also contact the sikkim manipal university regarding the matter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Is any B.Com degree from IGNOU recognised in Canada? abyt23 0 3,169 03-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Last Post: abyt23
  Medical examination to apply for student permit to study in Canada rms 1 4,029 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: nbm