IIT JAM in Physics
Guys Plz Help!! I have done my B.Tech in Information Technology (with Physics in my first two semesters,Electronics and Basic Electrical Engineering in 3rd semester, Digital Electronics and Communication Systems in my 4th semester) but my interest lies in Physics.Am i eligible for JAM entrance test in Physics???

(07-30-2015, 08:41 AM)Mirr Wrote: Guys Plz Help!! I have done my B.Tech in Information Technology (with Physics in my first two semesters,Electronics and Basic Electrical Engineering in 3rd semester, Digital Electronics and Communication Systems in my 4th semester) but my interest lies in Physics.Am i eligible for JAM entrance test in Physics???

Hello Mirr,
IIT JAM is a national level exam which is conducted by IITs and IISc.JAM is an examination through which students can get admission in M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.- M.Tech, M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other courses .
For applying this firstly Candidates must check the eligibility criteria:-
•    No restriction for nationality.
•    No age limit.
•    The candidates who have either appeared or are due to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible to appear in the test.
•    The candidates who have obtained B.Sc. degree through Distance Education/Correspondence Mode and are desirous of admission to M.Sc. Mathematics or M.Sc. Physics programs of IIT Madras will have to appear for an additional interview.

Different IITs and IISc have their own eligibility criteria according to which they give admission to candidates on the basis of JAM Exam. So you must check the IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria of all the institutes for their courses and through this your doubt is also cleared.