SET for computer science - books to refer
Hi All,

Pls let me know the material that covered Paper II and III for preparation.

I bought UPKAR's material for the exam preparation.

Could you ppl suggest some other material, which really cover all the syllabus

You may pl. visit to the nearest book shop and try finding guides if u feel which one could be helpful to you.

Guides are nothing but small set notes for the syllabus got menionted by UGC. They are not much useful to clear NET. But could be useful for SET as the standard of SET would normally be very low (at ground level).

To my knowledge there are around 3 guides which are in market and u may not need to get confused much in selecting (or buying all of them).

But pl. dont think that with these guides alone, u can clear NET. That could be possible only in dreams!

(07-19-2011, 09:30 AM)UmaDhilip Wrote: Hi All,

Pls let me know the material that covered Paper II and III for preparation.

I bought UPKAR's material for the exam preparation.

Could you ppl suggest some other material, which really cover all the syllabus

Upkar's books are best to prepare for the SET exam but gives only yhe brief overview of the subjects.To clear SET your concepts must be clear.For that you need to go through all the graduation and PG books.

(08-17-2011, 07:06 PM)visualcpp Wrote: You may pl. visit to the nearest book shop and try finding guides if u feel which one could be helpful to you.

Guides are nothing but small set notes for the syllabus got menionted by UGC. They are not much useful to clear NET. But could be useful for SET as the standard of SET would normally be very low (at ground level).

To my knowledge there are around 3 guides which are in market and u may not need to get confused much in selecting (or buying all of them).

But pl. dont think that with these guides alone, u can clear NET. That could be possible only in dreams!

I also think so.

I also think so.

i am not satisified with this reply

(12-12-2011, 09:19 PM)nithya_hcl Wrote: i am not satisified with this reply

Then it would be better to tell your exact level of reply required. As far as I am concerned I am having at least 10 books (at various level like tutorial type, QA type, Standard reference, prescribed text books for that subject by most of the universities etc) for each topic got mentioned in the syllabus.

Study notes preparation is the marathan task by using all these resources. A person in teaching job (already, in some institution) who needs to pass NET can have lots of options for preparations. A huge library, fellow lecturers/professors for guidence, internet etc. Out of all,they will constantly in touch with subject by teaching them often.

I have cleared UGC NET (Commerce) in very first attempt therefore I can give you the general guidelines which should be followed to crack this exam but can’t provide specific to UGC NET (Computer Science)
Please visit my site and you will find useful information for UGC NET and Paper - I notes as well, which can be downloaded without even creating a login ID. However I am sharing a very good answer which is written by Suresh Verm :
Mantras for Success in CBSE NET/JRF (Earlier UGC-NET) by Suresh Verma
“While most of us are dreaming of success, winners wake up and work hard to achieve it.” -Anonymous
Seven Success Mantra’s to crack CBSE-NET
1. Sound Planning and Preparation- NET requires concentration on the strategy to define your mission, objectives and deadlines. Benjamin Franklin rightly said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” The first and foremost step towards your success is to choose your goal honestly and sincerely. Take a bold decision and ask yourself why you want to become a teacher/ professor? Never choose NET as your ambition if there is a social circle pressure. The answer should come from the core of your heart. The next important step is to ask yourself when to start preparing and how to prepare. Preparation and background work must start by the first Semester/ Year of post graduation. Try to get comprehensive understanding about the exam process, its structure and various aspects related to the preparation. 2. Commitment – It means staying loyal to what you said or promised long after the mood you said it. For success, commitment gives you energy which fuels your drive to achieve instead of simply wishing. We all have this energy high or low. Always take the first bold step earliest which is mostly the hardest part in any mission/project. One of the fine ways is to promise yourself to get/do something nice when you succeed.